Linked to 2 Alpes by cable car, Venosc provides a peaceful valley location for either winter or summer trips. A seven-minute gondola ride brings you up to the main resort of 2 Alpes. It's a quieter location for those looking to stay away from the hustle & bustle of the main resort.
The village of Venosc sits in the Veneon valley next to the river and at the bottom of a sheer cliff under the resort of 2 Alpes. Very much a traditional Alpine village, it is now home to a community of local artisans and artists who produce everything from local honey and cheeses to silks, pottery and leatherwork.
Nearby, the local market town of Bourg d'Oisans only a 20 to 30-minute drive away can supply pretty much everything a visitor would need – decent-sized supermarket, garages, car hire, vet (don't forget to get Fido wormed for the trip home) and the rest, not to mention a thriving Saturday market and numerous cafés, ideal on a sunny weekend.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Les 2 Alpes Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Les 2 Alpes opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Hot hotels in Les 2 Alpes for winter
- Safety measures in Les 2 Alpes winter 2020/21
- Huge deals on Les 2 Alpes 2020/21 season ski pass
- Travellers welcome to Les 2 Alpes from June 15th 2020