This winter, Les Deux Alpes opens its doors to skiers on Saturday, November 30th. Conditions are looking good with plenty of snow on the mountains and in the town. Two big new ski lifts are in place – the eight-seater chairlift on Les Crêtes is ready to go and the Pierre-Grosse high-speed gondola will provide an alternative route to the glacier.
Early season skiing is a great way to beat the crowds. December before the Christmas holidays is one of the quietest times of the year. You can expect cold, crisp weather and short queues. Off the slopes, there will be plenty of entertainment in the form of opening parties and the annual Rise Festival.
We’ll cover the first three weeks of the season here. Watch out for our forthcoming article on the Christmas and New Year festivities in Les Deux Alpes
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Les 2 Alpes from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Deux Alpes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les 2 Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes enjoys non-stop powder days