The name 'Deux Alpes' comes from the 2 different sides of the valley in which 2 Alpes was built. It has connections to Mont de Lans (on the way into the main resort) and Venosc & La Grave by ski lifts.
2 Alpes resort lies along a wide valley referred to by locals as 'le plateau', with a magnificent view down the main street to the Muzelle on the other side of the Veneon valley. The village sits at 1650m above sea level with skiing available up to 3600m on the glacier.
Nearby the local market town of Bourg d'Oisans only a 20 to 30 minute drive away can supply pretty much everything a visitor would need - decent sized supermarket, garages, car hire, vet (don't forget to get Fido wormed for the trip home) and the rest, not to mention a thriving Saturday market and numerous cafés, ideal on a sunny weekend.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Les 2 Alpes Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Les 2 Alpes opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Hot hotels in Les 2 Alpes for winter
- Safety measures in Les 2 Alpes winter 2020/21
- Huge deals on Les 2 Alpes 2020/21 season ski pass
- Travellers welcome to Les 2 Alpes from June 15th 2020