Les Deux Alpes officially opens for the summer season on June 22nd this year. The schedule is full of both sporting and cultural events, and there is always plenty to do in between.
The warmer months show another side to the resort when adrenaline sports co-exist with more relaxing pastimes in a beautiful Alpine setting. Unlike the winter, when the choice is between skiing and snowboarding, summer brings a huge range of outdoor sports to Les Deux Alpes.
You can still ski or snowboard, but you can also mountain bike, trail run, rock climb, go horse riding or paraglide. Hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails lead out of the village and there is a via ferrata route a short walk away. The gondola ride to Venosc gives access to water sports including kayaking and white-water rafting.
Other sports on offer range from golf to tennis, swimming to football. There are plenty of more or less adventurous activities too, such as paintball, summer luge, farm visits, museums, crazy golf or a nature walk.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Deux Alpes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les 2 Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes enjoys non-stop powder days
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 6th March 2020