But what a summer it has been. Due to record breaking winter snowfall, the glacier has remained skiable all summer long, making it one of the best seasons in living memory.
Les Deux Alpes is one of the few places to offer summer skiing in the Alps, with ski clubs and snowboard camps taking advantage of an extra few months of practise in between the winter ski seasons. Summer skiing here is generally under warm sunny conditions, with cheaper ski passes and an uncrowded resort.
The 120-hectare glacier offers a snowpark, one red run, nine blue runs, and one green run, all accessed by two chair lifts, eight tow lifts, two gondolas, one cable car, two drag lifts, one funicular, and an elevator, and ranges from 2900 metres up to 3600 metres, making it one of the largest European summer skiing spots.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Deux Alpes
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les 2 Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes enjoys non-stop powder days
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Les Deux Alpes in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do