A typical Alpine dish is the raclette: melted cheese spooned over your plate of potatoes, meats, salad and pickles.
There are two methods of serving raclette. The French way is to mount a half moon of cheese on to a small table-top grill and let it drip over your food, scraping up the excess cheese with a little wooden spatula.
Swiss raclette is a bit more orderly (unsurprisingly) - slices of cheese are placed in small individual pans and held underneath a grill until they are melted enough to pour over your food.
Either way, you can generally find both types in both countries, it just depends on the preference of the restaurant!
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Les 2 Alpes Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Les 2 Alpes opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Hot hotels in Les 2 Alpes for winter
- Safety measures in Les 2 Alpes winter 2020/21
- Huge deals on Les 2 Alpes 2020/21 season ski pass
- Travellers welcome to Les 2 Alpes from June 15th 2020